This recipe uses an abundance of chick peas. We served this on a bed of brown rice and garnished it with recently harvested cilantro from our garden.
Recipe: (serves 50)
- 15 cups brown rice
- 18 cups roasted, pulled chicken meat
- 9 cans of chick peas, rinsed and drained (15 oz)
- 9 cans of diced tomatoes, drained (14 oz)
- 5 cups of lowfat sour cream
- 4 Tbl of curry
- 3 Tbl of ground cumin
- 1 cup of fresh cilantro (chopped for garnish)
- 1 Tbl garlic salt 1 tsp pepper
Cook rice according to package directions and divide evenly into 3 large serving pans; meanwhile, transfer the chicken to a stock pot. Add chick peas, tomatoes, sour cream, curry powder and cumin. Mix well. Simmer on medium heat for 15 minutes to heat through. Remove from heat and season with garlic salt and pepper. Adjust seasonings to your preference. Serve curry over rice and garnish with chopped cilantro.